Will I be charged VAT or customs fees?
You will notice that our website has a flag at the upper right corner. As we ship orders from several different locations, please click this flag and choose the most appropriate country and/or currency to browse the shop with the correct inventory and prices.
- if you place your order on our US site (i.e. https://strandbergguitars.com/ with prices in USD), your order will ship from California. We only ship orders within the continental US, so no additional fees are required.
- If you place your order on our EU site (i.e. https://strandbergguitars.com/eu/ with prices in EUR, SEK, DKK, GBP, NOK), your order will ship from Sweden and you will be charged your local VAT rate. As long as your shipping address is within the European Union, there will be no additional fees or duties to pay.
- If you live in United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland), Norway, Switzerland, or Iceland, you are not within the European Union. The order will still ship from Sweden, but the Swedish VAT of 25% will not be applied to your order. Depending on your internet browser's security settings, the shop will understand your location at different points of the checkout process, but you should ensure that the invoice states €0 VAT. On the other hand, import fees and duties will be payable to the shipping company before delivery. These fees are determined by your customs, and we are not able to quote or bill you these fees.
While you are personally responsible to investigate what the import procedures, fees, and duties may be, here are some resources:
- United Kingdom https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty
- Norway https://www.toll.no
- Switzerland https://www.ch.ch/en/how-clear-personal-goods-purchased-abroad/
- Iceland https://www.tollur.is/english/businesses/customs/procedural-aspects/importing-to-iceland/
- USA https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/internet-purchases
Note that if you paid fees or duties and want to return the guitar, any refund of those fees have to be claimed from the respective shipping company/governmental entity in your country.