What are your warranty terms?
We are proud of everything that we manufacture, and hope that your guitar or accessory will bring you many years of joy. In the event that something isn't right, or we or one of our subcontracted manufacturers have not lived up to your expectations, we offer a warranty as per below.
- If your guitar was purchased through a dealer, contact the dealer. Anything that needs to be done will be handled through them. Otherwise, read on below.
- Contact email@example.com to organize an RMA number and setup the return. This includes filling out a Service Request Form with information needed to proceed with your inquiry. If your computer does not support pdf editing you may send the same information in a regular e-mail.
- The guitar needs to be returned to our offices packed in its original case and shipping box or equivalent. If, when setting up the RMA the defect is deemed to be within warranty coverage, you will receive a pre-paid return shipping label. If not, and we still agree to take the guitar back to diagnose, you need to pay for the shipping. If the defect is later deemed to be within warranty coverage, we will reimburse you the shipping cost.
- Warranty repairs are done free of charge. If the repair is not within warranty, we will discuss and agree a solution with you. Repairing an instrument usually requires changing the strings. If you prefer strings other than what comes stock on a Strandberg instrument you will have to supply us with a set of strings along with the instrument.
- Shipping cost for the return is covered by us to the country of the original purchase, if it is a warranty issue. However, we can not be held responsible for any resulting fees, VAT, customs or duties. The guitar will be accompanied by the appropriate paperwork, to hopefully get it through customs without problems. If the issue was not within warranty, you will be responsible for the shipping costs, in addition to any additional costs associated with it. Additionally, if the return is not done to the country of the original purchase, there may be shipping costs payable.
- At the completion of the work, if the work has associated costs, we will send you an invoice or set up an alternate payment method. The costs must be paid in advance, before the guitar is returned.
The obligation of this warranty shall be limited to within 2 years from the date of purchase repairing or replacing any part which we agree is defective, to the original purchaser. Strandberg Guitars AB may not be held responsible for any return shipping costs to us other than as noted above, though we will pay standard shipping costs from us to you. If you require alternate shipping arrangements, including shipping to a destination country different than the original order, you need to cover the entire cost. Under no circumstances will Strandberg Guitars AB be held responsible for Customs, Duties, VAT or any other taxes or fees. All returns must be accompanied by a copy of your receipt and return merchandise authorization number and must be shipped according to instructions we provide.This warranty is in lieu of all other express warranties, obligations or liabilities. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OBLIGATIONS OR LIABILITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION DESCRIBED ABOVE OF THIS WRITTEN LIMITED WARRANTY. ANY ACTION FOR BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY MUST BE BROUGHT WITHIN A PERIOD OF 24 MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE FOR THE TWO YEAR WARRANTY. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. No agent, representative, dealer or employee of the Strandberg Guitars AB has the authority to increase or alter the obligations of this warranty. This warranty shall not apply to any product which is found to have been modified, repaired or altered in any way without express written consent from Strandberg Guitars AB. Warranty coverage is available to original purchasers only and is not transferable. In no case shall Strandberg Guitars AB be liable for any consequential damages for breach of this or any other warranty, expressed or implied, whatsoever. Some states do not allow the exclusion of limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.