I need my guitar repaired, how do I do that?
First off: never ship the guitar back to us unless we have instructed you to.
Concerning warranty matters, there are two different procedures depending on how the product was purchased:
- If the order was placed through an authorized dealer, contact them and they will help you to confirm what needs to be done and organize a return if necessary.
- If the order was placed through .strandberg* direct sales, get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Concerning non-warranty matters, please write to us through firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the best solution or consult local expertise.
No matter the situation, please observe the information below and do what's possible to give us the information we need to help you:
- Describe what the problem is, and let us know your order number, model, and serial number of the guitar. It is always immensely helpful to receive photos and videos that illustrate the problem.
- If it's easier or quicker - and you are willing - we will try to work with you to resolve the problem without having to return the instrument and send you any spare parts that might be required.
- If the guitar needs to be sent back, you will receive a return merchandise authorization, or "RMA" for short, and a pre-paid return shipping label. If, when setting up the RMA the defect is deemed to be within warranty coverage, we pay for the shipping. If not, and we still agree to take the guitar back to diagnose or repair, you will need to pay the shipping costs before we return the guitar to you.
- The guitar needs to be returned to our offices safely packed in its original case and shipping box or equivalent. We cannot be held responsible for any damage during return shipping.
- Warranty repairs are done free of charge. If the defect is not within warranty, we will discuss and agree on a solution with you.
- The shipping cost for the return is also covered by us within the original country of purchase concerning warranty issues. However, we can not be held responsible for any resulting fees, VAT, customs, or duties. The guitar will be accompanied by the appropriate paperwork, to hopefully get it through customs without problems. If the issue was not within warranty or it needs to be shipped to a destination country other than where it was originally shipped, you will be responsible for the shipping costs, in addition to any additional costs associated with it.